Not for the timid or easily offended...

Not for the timid or easily offended...
Is the FCC's "obscenity" obsession just a distraction from their promotion of Big Media Monopoly?

The STRANGE Cucumber radio show with DJ Stryder

Sunday Nights 11pm - 1am EST
WDCE 90.1 FM or streaming online
comments, contact or submissions:
email DJ Stryder any time or
IM during the show
stryderlee@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

power interference?

In the small window of opportunity allowed by the FCC for LPFM application, one of the objections made by corporate stations was that of interference. I'm not a technical expert, but I'm soliciting information from people who are like LBA Group, and I'll post it when it comes or you can post it here in the comments.

However, it seems that a small experiment is all the evidence I need to disprove corporate claims. Below is a brief audio of me trying to find WRIR 97.3 LPFM in Richmond, Virginia and it's clear that the station is not easy ot find, even with my RCA RP 7887 Super Radio. I have no problem receiving the station in my car, perhaps because the hood acts like a dish antenna, or maybe it's the digital tuner. In any case, as you can hear below, WRIR does not in any way interfere with the corporate stations that surround it on the dial. Corporate complaints don't stand up to a simple test - so why didn't anybody call their bluff?

(click radio tower image on left for my audio blog & the sound of corporate interference)

No comments: